SANT’ ANDREA APOSTOLO

[Calendario_Avirato id="1"]

The church of Sant’Andrea Apostolo is located in San Andrés, it was built from 1662 and consecrated in 1680. It occupies the place of a former chapel built in 1510 shortly after the conquest of the Canary Islands.
It houses many works of art, including: Sant’Andrea Apostolo, Santa Lucia da Siracusa, Virgin of the Carmine, Santa Cecilia da Roma, Maria Addolorata.
Also noteworthy is the image of the crucified Christ made of orange wood in 1882 by a local sculptor who was blind.
This sculpture, Santo Cristo del Cegato, is located on one side of the main altar of the temple interesting to see is also the altar of the Souls of Purgatory.

¿Te ha gustado el artículo? No olvides compartirlo en tus redes sociales

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Este sitio web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para recopilar información que ayuda a optimizar su visita a sus páginas web. No se utilizarán las cookies para recoger información de carácter personal. Al seguir navegando permite su uso. Tiene más informacion en Política de cookies